- Payment plans are made between Grand Bahama Power and its customers when the customer is unable to pay the total arrears. These plans are offered to customers who normally pay their bills on time but have run into financial difficulty.
- The customer is asked to bring in 50% of the outstanding balance and make arrangement on the balance for a period no greater than 3 months. However, we are flexible and will work with our customers to find appropriate solutions.
- When an arrangement is made customers must pay the amount agreed upon in the arrangement and the current charges of the new bills.
- If after making the arrangement the customer feels that they cannot meet the agreed upon amount and the current bill, they should return to customer service to renegotiate the arrangement terms.
For your convenience, we offer multiple bill payment options, including:
- Payment via e-pay
- Payment at a bank and/or via Internet banking
- Via the Payment Centre at the Grand Bahama Power Company Headquarters
- Via mail and cheque drop box
Payment via e-pay
e-pay is only available to e-bill users. Customers set payment instructions themselves through e-bill. They can choose to make single, one-time monthly payments, regular fixed-amount payments or automatic payments.
Payment via Cash N' Go
Customers can also pay at any of the Cash N’ Go locations on Queens Highway or in Hanna Hill Eight Mile Rock (EMR). The operating hours for the Queen’s Highway location are Mon – Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm and for the EMR location operating hours are Mon – Fri 9:00am - 6:00pm and Saturday 9:00am - 4:00pm.
Payment via bank teller or Internet banking
Any local branch of Commonwealth Bank, Scotiabank, Bank of the Bahamas or CIBC First Caribbean accepts payments on behalf of Grand Bahama Power Company. For Internet banking, you will need to register with your bank to enable you to pay online. Payments made at the bank or via the Internet will be processed within 48 hours.
Payment via the Payment Centre
Visit one of our customer service representatives at the Payment Centre located at our main headquarters on the corner of Mall Drive and Pioneers Way. If you do not have your Grand Bahama Power bill or account number with you, we will be happy to print a copy of your bill at the receptionist’s desk. We accept cash, cheque and credit card payments.
Payment via Mail
You can also pay your bill by mail with a cheque or money order. Please allow 8-10 days for bill processing. Please send payments to:
Grand Bahama Power Company
Attn: Customer Service
P.O. Box F-40888
If you are an international customer, please send payments to:
Grand Bahama Power Company, c/o Arising Courier
2800 SW 4th Avenue, Unit 4
Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33315
Disconnection for Non-Payment
- When an account has an overdue amount, the account may be disconnected at any time. An amount is considered overdue if outstanding past the bill due date.
- A disconnection fee of $30 is charged upon reconnection of the service.
- An account that requires the use of the bucket truck or our underground crew is charged $50 upon reconnection.
Transfer of Serivce
- A transfer of service occurs when a customer moves from one location to the next, and requests termination of the service at the original location and also transfers the deposit from the old location to the new location.
- Customers should be aware that any balance not paid on the original location will be transferred along with the deposit.
- Grand Bahama Power does not transfer the unpaid balance of the previous customer at the new location to the new customer at that location.