At Grand Bahama Power, we take our environmental performance seriously. We hold ourselves accountable to our customers, our regulator, and ourselves.
Risk Reduction, Prevention, and Resource Management
- We will seek opportunities, beyond regulatory compliance requirements, for reducing risk to human health and the environment, and establish our own environmental quality standards where appropriate.
- We will employ management systems and procedures specifically designed to prevent activities and or conditions that pose a threat to human health or the environment. We will look for ways to protect our employees and the neighboring communities by employing clean, safe technologies and operating procedures. We will be prepared for all emergencies.
- We will comply with all regulations pertaining to releases to the air, land, or water through the safe use of chemicals. We will minimize the amount and toxicity of waste generated and will ensure safe waste disposal and treatment.
- We will manage scarce resources, such as water, oil, land, and forests, in an environmentally sensitive manner.
- We will communicate our commitment to environmental quality, and our company’s environmental performance to our employees, contractors, vendors, and customers.
- We will solicit their input in meeting our environmental goals and in turn will offer assistance to meet their goals.
- We will measure our progress and review at least once annually. We will periodically report our progress to our stakeholders.
- We will continually seek opportunities to improve our adherence to these principles and to improving our environmental performance.