Applications for new electricity connections or the transfer of an electricity connection can be made at our main office located on Pioneer’s Way and Mall Drive, downtown Freeport. All new customers will be asked to complete an "Application for Service" form.
Residential customers applying for electrical service to their homes will also be asked to provide the following:
- Two forms of valid photo identification; only passports, voter's cards and driver's licenses will be accepted.
- National Insurance Board (NIB) card
- A security deposit
And one of the following:
- An occupancy certificate issued by the Technical Department of the Grand Bahama Port Authority for newly constructed residences within the Port area.
- An occupancy certificate issued by the Ministry of Works, Bahamas Government for residences outside of the Port area.
- An inspection certificate issued by the Technical Department of the Grand Bahama Port Authority for residences within the Port area that have been vacant for more than one (1) year.
- A letter from their landlord giving permission to connect electric services in the customer's name for those persons leasing or renting the residence.