Customers are responsible to:
- submit damage claims within fifteen working days of the related power disruption;
- provide purchase receipts or estimates for repair or replacement of damaged equipment;
- maintain damaged items until a GBPC’s claims inspector has had an opportunity to perform an inspection;
- ensure their residence is properly grounded;
- take reasonable precautions to protect their assets (e.g. unplug equipment , use surge protector, etc. ) from damage during power disturbances.
GBPC will respond to claims within six weeks after the receipt of the completed form with required documentation.
Customer Damage Claim Form