The health and safety of our environment is important not only to Grand Bahama Power but also to many of those in our region. In an effort to reduce energy consumption and preserve our environment, please consider the ways that you can make a difference.
Energy Saving Tips
- Lower the temperature on your electric water heater to 120 degrees (F). Turn it off when leaving or extended periods of time.
- Set refrigerator temperatures between 37 and 40 degrees (F).
- Consider replacing your older model refrigerator, especially if older than 10 years.
- When washing clothes, use warm or cold water and rinse with cold. Air dry clothes outdoors.
- Shut off lights, computers and other electronic appliances when you’re not using them.
- Use a microwave or toaster oven for smaller items.
- Examine and adjust, if necessary, weather stripping, door sweeps, and thresholds.
- Activate the "sleep" feature of your home electronics so they automatically power down when not in use.
- Look for the Energy Star label for when buying home appliances.
- For outdoor security lights, install lights with motion detectors so they only come on when needed.