For information during a power outage, or in case of an emergency, you may reach our 24-hour Customer Service line at (242) 352 – 8411.
Power Outage Preparation
Here are some things you can do to be prepared for when a power outage occurs:
- Add Grand Bahama Power Company’s 24hr Call Centre number (242) 352 – 8411 to the list of emergency phone numbers near your phone.
- Track poor weather by following local radio and television weather reports.
- Have an emergency kit with flashlights, a battery-operated radio and fresh water.
- Turn off and unplug electrical equipment such as TVs, DVD players and computers.
- If you are on a well, fill your bathtub with water and have a bucket nearby to flush your toilet.
- Make sure backup generators are installed by a qualified electrician and follow the manufacturer's safety instructions. Never place a portable generator indoors.
- Keep candles and portable heaters away from curtains or other flammable materials.
There are no power outages to report at this time.